Routes

Planner

Features

Updates

App

Login or Signup

Get the App

Login or Signup

Routes
Austria
Lower Austria
Vienna Woods
Vienna Surroundings
Maria-Lanzendorf

Sängerrast Picnic Area – Hennersdorf Parish Church loop from Maria Lanzendorf

Routes
Austria
Lower Austria
Vienna Woods
Vienna Surroundings
Maria-Lanzendorf

Sängerrast Picnic Area – Hennersdorf Parish Church loop from Maria Lanzendorf

Easy

2

riders

Sängerrast Picnic Area – Hennersdorf Parish Church loop from Maria Lanzendorf

01:13

22.6km

40m

Gravel riding

Easy gravel ride. Great for any fitness level. Mostly paved surfaces. Suitable for all skill levels. The starting point of the route is accessible with public transport.

Last updated: August 12, 2026

Waypoints

A

Start point

Train Station

Get Directions

1

6.40 km

Sängerrast Picnic Area

Highlight • Rest Area

08/20/2023 - When the weather is nice, the Singerrast picnic area offers many opportunities for a cozy outdoor picnic.

Whether as a destination for a day trip or as a short break in between, the Singerrast picnic area is the perfect place to recharge your batteries and enjoy a delicious meal in the open air.

All you need is a picnic blanket or other seating surface and a picnic basket filled to the brim with all sorts of delicacies.

The Singerrast picnic area is also perfect for a family outing or a children's birthday party

Source: freizeitmonster.de/aktivitaeten/orte/picnickplatz-saengerrast-405970

Translated by Google •

Tip by

2

7.78 km

The so-called Triestingau cycle path stretches 26 km between Schönau an der Triesting and Himberg.
At the end of the 18th century, the towns along the Triesting experienced their heyday.
Today, cyclists can happily drift along the river on level terrain, immerse themselves in quiet meadows or branch off into the wine taverns along the cycle path.
With its further connections along the Schwechat to Vienna on the Danube Island to the Danube Cycle Path and the Thermen Cycle Path along the Neustadt Canal to the south, the Triestingau Cycle Path forms the most important north-south cycle route in south-eastern Lower Austria

Translated by Google •

Tip by

3

8.44 km

It was built in 1926 and restored in 1975. Such bridges are called the "Visintini Bridge" and connect Munichdorf, Achau and Himberg under which the Triesting flows.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

4

11.3 km

Nice rest area with information board on the brick barons' cycle path next to Schwechat. The brick barons' cycle path is 26 kilometers long and offers interesting insights into the history of the brick industry, which was of great importance in the region.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

5

11.3 km

The so-called imperial indulgences in Achau, located at the confluence of the Schwechat, Triesting and Mödlingbach rivers, date from the time of Emperor Karl VI. and Empress Maria Theresa. The weir system was rebuilt between 1998 and 2002 for flood protection. The client was the Republic of Austria.

The course of the many rivers and streams in this "water-rich" part of the Vienna Basin is quite complicated: Above is the Laxenburg Palace Park, the Laxenburg Canal, which branches off from the Triesting in Münchendorf, and from the Heidbach, which branches off the Schwechat in the Baden area - also called Badner Mühlbach - flows through. The Laxenburg canal culverts the Schwechat south-east of the palace gardens. In Achau, the Krottenbach, the Mödlingbach and the outflow from the pond in the Laxenburg Palace Park, the Lobenbach, first come together. The Schwechat - also called "Aubach" here - and the Triesting follow immediately afterwards. The Schwechat - the new name for all flowing waters - in turn has two rivers, the Mitterbach - the name for the Schwechat below the imperial indulgences to Schwechat - and the original Schwechat, i.e. the Schwechat-Werksbach. Only in Schwechat itself, at the confluence of the Liesingbach, do these waters unite again to form the Schwechat. (from a writing by SC Maria Lanzendorf)

Translated by Google •

Tip by

6

12.9 km

Wayside Shrine Under Large Tree

Highlight • Religious Site

7

17.4 km

Hennersdorf Parish Church

Highlight • Religious Site

The Hennersdorf parish church of St. Andrew is one of the oldest churches in Lower Austria. The Hennersdorf parish church reflects three different art-historically interesting epochs (Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque). Despite the lack of documents, the time of construction can be put pretty much exactly around 1150 on the basis of art-historical investigations. The building age of the church (there are no written documents) can be dated fairly accurately due to the Romanesque architectural type. The occurrence of the type of the choir tower church (hall-shaped room, choir square with tower above it), or east tower church, to which the Hennersdorfer church also belongs, can be fixed precisely in time in several places in Lower Austria: From this, a construction time around 1150 can be assumed as fairly certain. The church is said to have been first mentioned in a document in 1270, but a document has not yet been found and therefore this claim cannot be verified. The Hennersdorf church is first mentioned in a document dated October 5, 1306: Albrecht von Pollheim and his wife Adelheid transferred the patronage of the Hoenesdorf church to Master Berthold, land clerk in Austria, and his wife Margareth, among others. This is the oldest written record of church history. Although the church existed from about 1150, there was no parish of its own. An exact date of the priest survey is not known; In any case, Hennersdorf is already noted in the Passau beneficence register in 1429 as a princely feudal parish, so it was first mentioned as a parish on this date. Since the 16th century, Hennersdorf has belonged almost entirely to the Leopoldsdorf rulers. Under Marx Beck, owner of the castle in Leopoldsdorf, the Leopoldsdorf castle chapel was raised to the status of a parish church in 1527; In 1528 the old Hennersdorf parish was merged with the Leopoldsdorf parish, which from 1646 no longer had a pastor. Hennersdorf was subsequently looked after alternately by the parishes of Oberlaa and Vösendorf. In 1529 the Turks invaded; the parsonage was totally destroyed. The church finally became an independent parish again in 1733 under the Leopoldsdorfer Schlossherrin Maria Theresia Rosalia Gräfin von Windischgrätz. From this point in time one can list 15 pastors from Hennersdorf in a complete series up to the present day.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

8

18.2 km

Wiesmayerhof Deer Enclosure

Highlight • Structure

Red and fallow deer have been kept in Austria for centuries to obtain high-quality meat. The large areas of meadow and pasture cultivated by Austrian farmers offer the ideal conditions for farming game.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

B

22.6 km

End point

Train Station

Loading

Way Types & Surfaces

Way Types

14.4 km

4.99 km

1.27 km

1.13 km

894 m

Surfaces

10.4 km

6.18 km

5.55 km

348 m

192 m

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Elevation

Elevation

Nothing selected – click and drag below to see the stats for a specific part of the route.

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Weather

Powered by Foreca

Thursday 20 August

28°C

19°C

66 %

Additional weather tips

Max wind speed: 18.0 km/h

to get more detailed weather forecasts along your route

Comments

guide_signup

Want to know more?

Sign up for a free komoot account to join the conversation.

Sign up for free

Our route recommendations are based on thousands of hikes, rides, and runs completed by other people on komoot.

Save

Edit route

Download GPX

Move start point

Print

Share

Embed on a website

Report an Issue

Report restricted access

Nearby routes

Easy

4.7

662

Lobau-Runde - Graveling around Vienna

01:57h

30.6km

50m

Explore
RoutesRoute plannerFeaturesRedeem a voucherHikesMTB TrailsRoad cycling routesBikepackingSitemap
Download the app
Follow Us on Socials

© komoot GmbH

Privacy Policy