Routes

Planner

Features

Updates

App

Login or Signup

Get the App

Login or Signup

Routes
Road cycling routes
Germany
Rhineland-Palatinate
Rhenish Hesse
Alzey-Worms
Wörrstadt

Beaver Dam on the Selz – Alzey Castle loop from Wörrstadt

Routes
Road cycling routes
Germany
Rhineland-Palatinate
Rhenish Hesse
Alzey-Worms
Wörrstadt

Beaver Dam on the Selz – Alzey Castle loop from Wörrstadt

Moderate

3.5

(2)

22

riders

Beaver Dam on the Selz – Alzey Castle loop from Wörrstadt

01:31

34.0km

250m

Road cycling

Moderate road ride. Great for any fitness level. Some segments of this route may be unpaved and difficult to ride. The starting point of the route is accessible with public transport.

Last updated: August 2, 2026

Tips

The surface for a segment of your route may not be suitable

Some segments of your route comprise a surface that may not be suitable for your chosen sport.

After 23.3 km for 189 m

Waypoints

A

Start point

Train Station

Get Directions

1

1.18 km

Nine‑Spout Fountain, Wörrstadt

Highlight • Monument

The market square where the fountain is located is unfortunately more of a concrete desert. Nice for the Christmas market and similar events, but otherwise rather unkind. And unfortunately the ice cream parlor was also closed

Translated by Google •

Tip by

2

1.37 km

Beautiful view of the "Schmiedebrunnen" with the lying fountain figure of a drunken blacksmith with three faces.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

3

4.68 km

Undulating Road from Biebelnheim to Spiesheim

Highlight (Segment) • Cycleway

After a steeper ramp out of Biebelnheim, it continues undulating towards Spiesheim. The road is not in a very good condition but there is relatively little traffic. Especially disgusting in strong westerly winds (headwind).

Translated by Google •

Tip by

4

11.2 km

Town Church Gau-Odernheim

Highlight • Religious Site

Simultaneous Church - Gau/Odernheim 🚴‍♂️

The Simultaneous Church of Gau-Odernheim is a late Gothic, two-aisled church building divided by a wall in the middle into a Catholic and a Protestant section. The Gothic construction was carried out between 1415 and 1420 under the architect Johann von Diepach. The choir was designed by Master Arnold between 1497 and 1507. During the Palatinate Church Partition of 1705, the Protestants received the nave, and the Catholics the choir. This division continues to this day. Initially divided by a plank wall, the current dividing wall between the two sections was built in 1891.
A Romanesque predecessor church can be traced back to the mid-9th century. Its foundations were discovered and scientifically examined around 1965. The remains of St. Rufus, an early bishop of Metz, were transferred here around 850. A pilgrimage arose, and later the important Gothic reconstruction of today's Simultaneous Church was built. The relics of Rufus were placed in a high tomb, whose stone sarcophagus and figuratively decorated lid (dating from 1418) have been preserved. The high-quality depiction on the coffin lid (now located in the Catholic choir) was severely damaged during the Reformation; the face and other parts have been chipped off. The relics are considered lost. The Spaniards are said to have brought the saint's body to Bruges in the Spanish Netherlands during the Thirty Years' War to protect it from destruction. A two-story vaulted sacristy adjoins the north side. The stone sarcophagus, which once contained the relics of Rufus, is located on the upper floor. 🚴‍♂️


de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simultankirche_Gau-Odernheim

Translated by Google •

Tip by

5

15.2 km

The town hall and former school building was built in 1868-1870 according to plans by the Alzey district building authority. A town hall already stood at this point in 1691. In front of the town hall there was a large block of wood (pillory) with a collar, where convicts were publicly pilloried.
The mayor's room, the former teacher's apartment and, until 1996, the syringe room and detention cell are located on the ground floor of the two-story, late-classical sandstone block. On the upper floor is the school hall, which was used as such until 1976, the council room and the room for the community computer. 🚴‍♂️


----------------------

The former Bannbackhaus of the Counts of Falkenstein was located in front of the town hall square.
Framersheim belonged to the county of Falkenstein am Donnersberg for 624 years (1173-1797). As local and landlords, the Counts of Falkenstein exercised the right to exclude bread-baking and oil and grain painting. This stately compulsory right meant that the local citizens were only allowed to bake their daily bread in the bakery that the Falkenstein administration had leased to the community on a temporary basis. As recorded in old court records, violations were punished with a statute penalty


regionalgeschichte.net/rheinhessen/framersheim/kulturdenkmaeler/rathaus.html

Translated by Google •

Tip by

6

17.2 km

Beaver Dam on the Selz

Highlight • Natural

Here a beaver has built its dam in the Selz directly on the Selztal and Hiwweltour cycle path.
There is a lot of information about this on the information board

Translated by Google •

Tip by

7

20.5 km

Alzey Castle

Highlight • Castle

The Alzeyer Castle probably emerged from a Hohenstaufen imperial castle and was expanded into a castle in the 16th century. It was destroyed in the Palatinate War of Succession in 1689 and only rebuilt by the Grand Duchy of Hesse at the beginning of the 20th century.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzeyer_Schloss

Translated by Google •

Tip by

8

33.2 km

Ausscheller statue, Wörrstadt

Highlight • Monument

"IT IS ANNOUNCED!"

The Call of the Town Crier

The town crier was a firmly established institution in the villages, a figure of authority who held an important position and usually also served as a village servant. With a large village bell in hand, he made his prescribed rounds through the village. At all the prominent locations and at certain intervals, he stopped, rang his bell, thus drawing attention to himself, and loudly announced his proclamations. He read the information from a slip of paper. The town crier was the most important bearer of the latest news from the municipality and the political administration. Today, the "Official Gazette" is used to inform the citizens.

Translated by Google •

Tip by

B

34.0 km

End point

Train Station

Loading

Way Types & Surfaces

Way Types

17.1 km

10.5 km

3.18 km

2.01 km

1.07 km

124 m

< 100 m

Surfaces

27.4 km

3.16 km

3.04 km

177 m

145 m

< 100 m

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Elevation

Elevation

Nothing selected – click and drag below to see the stats for a specific part of the route.

Highest point (260 m)

Lowest point (140 m)

Sign up to see more specific route details

Sign up for free

Weather

Powered by Foreca

Friday 28 August

25°C

14°C

62 %

Additional weather tips

Max wind speed: 23.0 km/h

to get more detailed weather forecasts along your route

Comments

guide_signup

Want to know more?

Sign up for a free komoot account to join the conversation.

Sign up for free

Our route recommendations are based on thousands of hikes, rides, and runs completed by other people on komoot.

Save

Edit route

Download GPX

Move start point

Print

Share

Embed on a website

Report an Issue

Report restricted access

Nearby routes

Moderate

4.7

1,454

View of Turmberg in Kiedrich – Biebrich Palace loop from Mainz Hauptbahnhof

02:32h

53.5km

620m

Explore
RoutesRoute plannerFeaturesRedeem a voucherHikesMTB TrailsRoad cycling routesBikepackingSitemap
Download the app
Follow Us on Socials

© komoot GmbH

Privacy Policy